ABOUT THE SCHOOL / HISTORY
The Doveton Protestant College was opened on March 1, 1855. A Doveton Girls' School was opened the next year and moved into its present buildings in 1888. Meanwhile, two decades earlier the Madras Parental Academy was established in Georgetown. The school, which opened in 1834, took the name of Bishop Daniel Corrie, the first Anglican Bishop of Madras, after he was enthroned in 1835, and the school had been made a high school. The Bishop Corrie High School and the Doveton Protestant College amalgamated on January 1, 1928, and took the name Doveton Corrie High School. It is under that name that the school with roots over 150 years old still thrives.
The Doveton Group of Schools is one of the most popular and one of the oldest schools in Chennai; it has six schools in its management. An Elementary school, Two Higher Secondary Schools a Matriculation School and Two ICSE and ISC Schools in Vepery in the city of Chennai – India.
The Doveton Group of Schools are rated as among the best schools in Chennai